(pdf version available here)
A resume and cover letter can be sent to Matt Spurway, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed beginning Wednesday, August 31 with interviews beginning September 6. We thank all those who make an application, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About GEO Nova Scotia
GEO Nova Scotia (Getting Everyone Online) is a new non-profit organization founded to support a collective approach to Digital Inclusion for low-income Nova Scotians. Digital Inclusion means (1) having good, affordable internet access; (2) a good, affordable device; and (3) the basic digital skills to use them confidently and safely.
Note: GEO Nova Scotia is a decentralized organization with staff primarily working from home. A strong home internet connection is required for this position.
About the Opportunity
GEO Nova Scotia is looking for a highly experienced part-time Administrative Assistant/ Board Secretary to provide administrative support services to the GEO Nova Scotia Executive Director, the GEO Nova Scotia Board of Directors, and other individuals, committees or working groups as needed.
In light of the start-up nature of this initiative, GEO Nova Scotia needs someone who is excited by the prospect of establishing best practices and the challenges that come with rapid growth.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director of GEO Nova Scotia and other GEO Nova Scotia staff including calendar management support, scheduling of meetings with GEO Nova Scotia teams and working groups and coordinating travel arrangements when necessary. Arrange for catering, booking venues and accommodations, as required.
- Act as a point of contact for ED office, handling routine inquiries, redirecting as necessary
- Respond to inquiries by providing information, determines urgency of requests
- Ensures information is disseminated to various internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting minutes, meeting notices, and other correspondence as Board Secretary for GEO Nova Scotia.
- Provide clerical support to GEO Nova Scotia management and Board including formatting presentations and correspondence and supporting management of electronic files across the organization.
- Coordinate a variety of meetings and events, prepare accompanying documentation, prepare, and circulate minutes and organize meeting logistics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical abilities (Google Drive, calendar, Gmail, Microsoft applications, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Independent and self-starter
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated competencies requiring skills and abilities in all facets of modern office practices including the use of meeting technologies
- Experience utilizing technology in meeting planning to create efficiencies and streamline tracking and retrieval of information
Core Competencies / values
- Interpersonal & cultural awareness
- Team & collaborative approach
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Takes initiative
- Aims to create a great experience for all
- GEO Nova Scotia is a decentralized organization with staff primarily working from home. A strong home internet connection is required.
- 20 hours /week, generally Monday – Friday during business hours.
$25-$35/ hour, commensurate with experience. The compensation package includes expenses, three weeks of vacation, and cost-shared medical and dental benefits.
Candidates must live and work in Nova Scotia.
Our goal is to create a diverse and inclusive team that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from First Nations People, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons, and persons with disabilities. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in your covering letter or your resume.